Pears with pork chops and olives
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Pork chops with pears and green olives make a delicious combination, with the sweetness of the pear contrasting with the slightly bitter green olives. Pick some thyme from your garden and throw into the dish, stalk and all, for a wonderful aroma. Some crunchy bread and a green vegetable will complete this meal.
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a frying pan. Brown pork chops on both sides. Set aside. Add onion and garlic to pan and brown for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add remaining oil along with potatoes and toss until lightly browned.
- Toss pears in lemon juice. Into an oven proof dish place potatoes, beans, pears, thyme, olives and pork chops.
- Deglaze pan with cream then pour over pork. Cover with tinfoil. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, then remove tinfoil and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley and thyme.