Cardamom and coconut muesli
Photo by Michael Craig
I’ve been increasingly concerned about the sugar levels in store-bought muesli, plus I usually just stick to porridge at this time of year, anyway. But I had tried some delicious (but expensive) artisan muesli and decided the time had finally come for me to try making my own. I was delighted by how easy it was. This recipe has a great mix of sweet and salty, plus the addition of one of my favourite spices, cardamom. In a jar with a ribbon around it I’d be thrilled to get something like this as a gift. And, as always, you can sub in or out ingredients to your liking.
- In a bowl, mix together oats, sugar, salt and cardamom.
- Melt coconut oil and honey together, then add vanilla. Pour into oats mixture and stir together well.
- Spread mixture over a lined baking tray and cook in a preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Remove tray from the oven and add coconut, walnuts, linseed, pumpkin seeds and raisins. Carefully mix together on the baking tray, then spread out evenly and return to oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Store in a jar.
See more of Delaney's sweets