Coconut rough rocky road
Photo by Deborah Aspray
Mum can’t go past some coconut rough. When she buys it for herself as a treat, she often has to hide it at the back of the cupboard where we keep our plates so Dad won’t find it. We came up with this Coconut rough rocky road. We can’t wait to make this tonight and sit around with the rest of our family and appreciate everything that has happened in the past year.
- Grease an 18cm x 18cm baking tin and line with baking paper. Allow some of the baking paper to hang over the edges so it is easy to remove the rocky road once it has set.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt gently in a bain-marie.
- Combine all of the other ingredients except the freeze-dried raspberries in a bowl and pour over the melted chocolate and mix well to coat.
- Pour the mix into the tin and spread evenly, smoothing the top with a spatula. Tap the tin on the bench to remove any air bubbles. Sprinkle the freeze-dried raspberries over the top. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the tin and wait to soften slightly before slicing into pieces.