Baked eggs for Mum
Photo by Deborah Aspray
Our Mum loves breakfast. She doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth so definitely prefers eggs over pancakes. This dish is easy to make but seems like you have spent quite a while putting it together. It is a very decadent start to the day, with yummy creamed spinach and smoked salmon surrounding a perfectly baked egg. Serve this with a couple of slices of toast and we think your Mum will be feeling pretty special.
- Set oven to 200C. Grease 4 ramekins with first measure of butter.
- Heat butter in a medium pan, add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and translucent. This should take 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Add the cream and reduce by half until the sauce has thickened slightly. Season to your liking.
- Arrange the ramekins in a shallow baking tray and divide spinach evenly among them, followed by the cold smoked salmon.
- Make a small dent in the middle of each ramekin and crack an egg into it. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the egg whites are just set. Serve with buttered toast.