Manuka honey and kawakawa bread sticks
- Put the yeast, sugar, milk and oil together in a bowl. Stir, then leave for 10 minutes in a warm place.
- In a large bowl place the flour and kawakawa, mix then make a well and pour in the frothy yeast mix.
- Tip on to a floured bench and knead for at least five minutes until the dough becomes soft and smooth.
- Oil a bowl, put in the dough, cover and leave in a warm place for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degC.
- Punch down the dough and shape into sticks by rolling small pieces between your palms then putting them on the bench and rolling out into a stick shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Drizzle with warm manuka honey before eating.