Poppy seed chicken bake
Photo by Doug Sherring
This chicken bake is perfect for a quick and easy weekend dinner. We thought using poppy seeds in the crumb gives this chicken bake a yummy nutty flavour and is a fun way of keeping this dish in theme. You can make it in individual ramekins as we have done or in a big family-size dish.
|1 drizzle||Oil, for frying|
|½ cup||Button mushrooms, quartered|
|4||Boneless chicken thighs|
|½||Onion, finely diced|
|3 Tbsp||Cream cheese|
|2 Tbsp||Chopped parsley|
- Heat oven to 175C. In a large pan heat the oil and fry mushrooms until just cooked. Remove from pan.
- Slice the chicken into 1½ cm slices, dust in flour seasoned with salt and pepper and fry in the same pan until brown, then remove.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and fry until translucent.
- Add the cream cheese and milk and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken back to the pan and heat through. Turn off the heat and add the parsley. Place the mix into four small baking dishes.
- Mix the poppy seeds, panko, parmesan and 1 Tbsp olive oil together and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crumb is golden.
More Anzac recipes from Kasey and Karena