Beetroot and yoghurt salad
I get my daily dose of live probiotics through the Probalance yoghurt I have on my fruit every morning, but those who don’t wish to eat yoghurt for breakfast should be enjoying the benefits of probiotics too.
This beetroot and yoghurt salad is one way, it also helps with the glut of beetroot in my garden right now. It’s no looker, but it’s delicious, and another salad with substance. I add toasted, chopped walnuts at times too.
- To cook my beetroot I place them in a small roasting dish with a small amount of water, cover with foil and cook in a 180C oven for 40 minutes or until tender.
- When the beetroot have cooled, peel them and slice into quarters or chunks.
- Remove the fleshly white part from the piece of preserved lemon, so you just have the skin. Wash and chop finely.
- Mix the preserved lemon, or lemon zest, with the yoghurt, cumin, salt, mint and chilli.
- Gently stir this sauce through the beetroot and serve.