( MAKES 12-16 )
Photo by Kieran Scott
Milo bears are almost too cute to eat and are great for the lunchbox when you go back to school.
|¼ cup||Brown sugar|
|1¾ cups||Self raising flour|
|125 g||Butter, melted|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence|
Milo bear faces
- Heat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put sugar, brown sugar, self-raising flour and Milo in a bowl and mix together then make a well in the centre by moving the mix to the sides of the bowl.
- Into the well add melted butter, egg and vanilla essence and mix all ingredients together. The mixture will be quite dry so, once you have mixed well, use your hands to form the mixture in to a big dough ball.
- For the head of the bear take a spoonful of mixture (approx. 1 heaped tablespoon), squeeze mixture so it’s firm, then roll into a ball. Gently press ball down on to the baking tray.
- For the ears, take 2 small pieces of mixture (teaspoon size), roll into balls and attach to left and right side of bear’s head. Pop a cereal circle in each ear.
- For the nose, place a white chocolate melt on the face, then a dark chocolate morsel in the middle of the melt (this is the tip of the bear’s nose).
- For the eyes, place 2 chocolate morsels slightly above the nose.
- Repeat for all the other bears. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Let cool before removing from tray.
Check out more recipes for kids