Rare beef with wasabi creme, and edamame, pea and kale orecchiette salad
( SERVES 2 )
|1 cup||Pasta, orecchiette or small shells|
|6 leaves||Kale leaves, cavolo nero|
|1 cup||Edamame beans, frozen|
|½ cup||Frozen peas|
|1 Tbsp||Black sesame seeds|
|1||Lemon, zest and juice|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
For the salad
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Blanch peas in boiling water for about 1 minute. Cook edamame according to packet instructions (I used the microwave) and remove from the shells.
- Thinly slice the kale, and rinse well. Heat a frying pan with a little oil to medium heat, and add the kale. Allow to wilt and cook for a couple of minutes, then add a squeeze of lemon juice. Remove from heat, and add to the pasta with the peas and edamame.
- Add sesame seeds, lemon juice and zest, and a little good-quality olive oil. Mix to combine and set aside.
For the wasabi creme
- Mix the wasabi into the sour cream. Taste and adjust as necessary.
For the beef
- Season the beef with a little oil, salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan to high. Add the steak and sear well, before flipping once and doing the other side. Depending on its thickness, cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and leave to rest under tinfoil for about 5 minutes. Thinly slice, drizzle in a little sesame oil and sprinkle over sea salt. Serve with the salad and the wasabi creme.