Mediterranean roast veges with spiced lamb
( SERVES 3 )
This is a classic way to eat vegetables and is just as good with or without the lamb. You could add your favourite grain or pasta to bulk it up.
|1||Red onion, cut into thick slices|
|1||Red capsicum, or yellow, seeds removed and cut into thick slices|
|1||Eggplant, cut into large cubes|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes|
|1||Courgette, thickly sliced|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 Tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|½ tsp||Garlic flakes|
|½ tsp||Dried rosemary|
|1 tsp||Mustard seeds|
|1 tsp||Green peppercorns|
|½ tsp||Sea salt|
|400 g||Lamb, stir-fry|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
For the vegetables
- Heat oven to 200C. Place all vegetables in a roasting tray. Add salt and pepper, and drizzle over olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Gently toss together.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 40 minutes, tossing once during cooking time.
For the lamb
- With a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder, mix together the cumin, garlic flakes, dried rosemary, mustard seeds, green peppercorns and sea salt.
- Put the lamb chunks in a bowl and add the olive oil and the spice mix, making sure the lamb is well coated.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat, and stir-fry the lamb until cooked through — about 10 minutes.
- Place the baby spinach leaves on a serving dish, and add the roasted vegetables. Serve with lamb on top or on the side, and garnish with crumbled feta.