Roasted spiced pumpkin with candied carrots and yoghurt dressing
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Today, I’ve built a salad around an all-time favourite: pumpkin. We seem to eat this every day in our house, with olive oil and Tuscan flavoured herbs, mashed and drizzled with hot butter and loads of pepper to spice it up a bit, or tossed into a salad. Here, I have added quickly fried carrots and a simple yoghurt dressing. This is a great accompaniment for roast chicken, steak or pan-fried fish and equally delicious eaten on its own.
|¼ tsp||Chilli flakes|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|¼||Pumpkin, peeled and sliced|
|2 large||Carrots, grated|
- Preheat an oven to 180C. Line a roasting tin with baking paper.
- In a small bowl combine cumin, coriander, turmeric and chilli flakes. Place pumpkin on baking paper and sprinkle over the spices and oil. Massage into the pumpkin. Bake for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Melt butter in a flying pan. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add zest and sugar and continue to cook for 5 minutes until sticky. Add vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix yoghurt, herbs, juice and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place pumpkin on a platter. Scatter over the carrots, greens and seeds and dress. Serve hot or cold.
See more of Angela's recipes inspired from London’s ethnic food scene