Chermoula rubbed lamb shanks
- Combine all the ingredients for the chermoula either in a food processor or in a large mortar and pestle.
- Mix until a paste is created. Rub the paste over the lamb and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (or you will need to simmer the tagine on the stove top for 1 hour).
- Lay the lemon slices in the bottom of the tagine, top with the lamb, then the dates, pears, oil and stock.
- Season, then cover and let cook.
- Remove the lid and spoon in 1 cup of mograbiah, then continue cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh mint and coriander.