Hapuka and saffron potato
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|6||Waxy potatoes, small, cut into rounds|
|1 tsp||Saffron threads, soaked in 2 Tbsp hot water for 15 minutes|
|4||Hapuku fillets, 150g each|
|2||Carrots, peeled and cut into rounds|
|100 g||Green olives pitted|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh mint, finely chopped|
|1 cup||Water, boiling|
|1 to serve||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt|
|1 to serve||Fresh mint, and fresh coriander|
- Preheat the oven to 180C (or you will need to simmer the tagine on the stovetop for 45 minutes).
- Cover the potatoes with the saffron and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the carrots in a circular pattern in the base of the tagine/baking dish.
- Top with the fish fillets, then the potatoes and the olives. Season.
- Place the top on the tagine or cover your baking dish and cook for 45 minutes.
- Put the couscous in a bowl, pour over the boiling water, lemon, mint, oil and salt, stir and cover with plastic wrap so it steams for 10 minutes.
- Remove the wrap and fluff it up with a fork, taste for seasoning then serve with the fish.