( SERVES 4 )
The first recipe is for popcorn diamond shell clams, one of the dishes served at the Clam Shack at the Marlborough Food and Wine Festival. The coating goes deliciously crunchy, while keeping the delicate meat inside succulent and plump. We have paired it with Kewpie mayo and some chopped pickled ginger for a little kick.
|1 kg||Clams, shelled, we used Diamond shell clams|
|1 Tbsp||Smoked salt|
|1 tsp||White pepper|
|1 serving||Oil, for deep frying|
- Heat the oil to 180C.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix together the mayonnaise and ginger, set aside.
- Drain the clam meat and pat it dry.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients. Toss the clams in the flour mixture. Shake off the excess flour.
- Fry the clams in the oil until cooked through.
- Drain the clams and then serve with the dipping sauce.