( MAKES 8 )
Add texture to your scones with the use of crunchy apples.
|2 cups||Self raising flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|2 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|1||Apple, peeled, cored and diced|
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Place the flour and baking and salt in a large bowl then stir. Rub the butter into the flour with your finger tips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar and apple. Pour in the milk and stir quickly to combine.
- Tip onto a lightly floured board and knead gently 2-3 times. Pat into a 3cm-thick round. Using a 6cm biscuit cutter, cut into rounds. Dipping the cutter into flour will prevent it sticking. Pat the leftover dough together and cut out more rounds.
- Place on a lightly floured baking tray. Brush the tops with the milk and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until cooked and golden.