Cappellacci with mushrooms, chicken, sage and fontina
( SERVES 4 )
- Preheat oven to 200C. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil
- Add pasta and cook following packet instructions, but drain 3 minutes before the time specified.
- Pasta should be nearly cooked and still firm.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil and gently toss with your fingers, then lay close together in a greased baking dish.
- Heat a pan, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil then sear the chicken on one side. When golden brown, turn and let colour on the other side.
- Pour over the stock, wine and cream, season and put on a lid.
- Turn the heat to low and let gently finish cooking for approximately 10 minutes.
- In another pan, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and toss the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Remove and add the spinach, stirring for a minute or until wilted.
- Assemble the dish by dividing up the sliced chicken, mushrooms and spinach between the cappellacci. Dot with pieces of fontina and pour the sauce from the chicken in between.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Scatter with sage leaves and add a grind of pepper before serving.