Chicken rice bowl
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
Warren Elwin turns chicken in to some winning TV Dinners for those eating in front of the sport.
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1 knob||Ginger, grated|
|1 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 Tbsp||Rice vinegar|
|1 Tbsp||Korean chili paste, (or miso paste)|
|½||Lemon, juice of|
|4||Boneless chicken thighs, sliced|
- Whisk together the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, Korean chilli paste and lemon juice. Add enough sauce to coat the sliced chicken thighs and leave to marinate for 30 minutes or, better still, overnight.
- Steam baby kale until just tender, cool then toss with a little sesame oil and pepper.
- Toss chopped cucumbers with salt and sugar and leave to pickle for 15 minutes then drain.
- Cook sushi rice and season with rice vinegar and mirin.
- Sear the marinated chicken in a hot pan with a little oil until cooked through.
- To serve, arrange the rice in 4 bowls and top with chicken, kale, cucumber and nori. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with extra sauce.
Check out Ray McVinnie's video on 'How to cook the perfect white rice'.