Pappardelle with shredded duck, orange and wine
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Score the skin of the duck, rub with salt and place on a rack over an ovenproof dish. Grill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Heat the oil in a pan, fry finely diced shallot and crushed garlic until soft.
- Halve and slice the orange and add with wine, tomato paste, sugar and water to the pan. Stir to combine, season and add sliced duck.
- Cook for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes then let cool. Skim any fat from the sauce and shred the duck.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pappardelle. Cook then drain and toss in the pan with sauce, duck and orange zest.