White rocky road
( MAKES 20 pieces )
Photo by Babiche Martens
This white rocky road is an easy chocolate treat to whip up and give as a gift. Traditionally, marshmallows make up the bulk of this slice and I have added hazelnuts, which give a feeling of indulgence and add a wonderful crunch.
Mix in other favourite dried fruits and nuts, but don't overdo it. Simple is best.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Place marshmallows, cranberries, coconut and half cup of hazelnuts in a large bowl.
- Break up the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl with the butter. Place over a simmering pot of water until mixture is smooth.
- Pour on to the other ingredients and mix well. Spoon the mixture into lined tin and smooth the top. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before cutting into pieces.