Grilled lemon, yoghurt and cardamom chicken
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 tsp||Ground cardamom|
|600 g||Chicken breasts, or thigh meat, skin on|
|½ cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|½ Tbsp||Grapeseed oil|
|2 Tbsp||Cucumbers, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1||Ground black pepper, (1 grind)|
|1 Tbsp||Spiced vinegar|
- Put the chicken in a bowl; add the yoghurt and ground cardamom, then mix.
- Crush the cardamom pods with the flat side of a knife and add to the bowl.
- Add the salt, mix then leave in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Thinly slice the lemons, removing the pips.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and lay in a shallow baking dish.
- Drizzle with the grapeseed oil, then arrange the lemon slices on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then let rest for 10 minutes before serving with fresh chutney and raita.