Pulled beef cannelloni
( SERVES 6 )
Freshly made pasta turned into cannelloni tubes is the best. However, dried cannelloni is also great.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 large||Carrot, diced|
|1 large||Onion, diced|
|4 stalks||Celery, diced|
|4 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|1 kg||Beef, boneless shin|
|2 cups||Beef stock|
|2 Tbsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|2 Tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan. Sauté the vegetables and garlic, until lightly coloured. Place in a slow cooker. Brown the shin in the remaining oil. Place flat on top of the veggies. Add the stock and thyme. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Remove the beef and shred using 2 forks.
- Strain the sauce into a saucepan, pressing on the veggies to extract as much flavour as possible. Add the cream, mustard and balsamic vinegar. Bring to the boil. Combine the flour with a little of the mixture then stir into the sauce. Simmer, until thickened.
- Add a ½ cup of the sauce to the meat. Mix well. Stuff into the cannelloni tubes. Place in a buttered baking dish. Pour in the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Bake for about 20 minutes.