( MAKES 26 )
Rolling these cookies is similar to rolling a sponge roll. The dough can be frozen then sliced and cooked when required.
- Cream the butter and sugar, until light. This can be done in a food processor, if preferred.
- Slowly add the egg and vanilla essence. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together and gradually beat into the butter mixture.
- Divide the dough in half. Add the raspberry powder to one half. Cover and chill the mixtures for 30 minutes.
- On a sheet of waxed or baking paper, roll one half into a rectangle about 32cm long by 22cm wide by 5mm thick.
- Shape the remaining dough into a similar size and place on top of the other dough. From a long side, roll up tightly in the paper and chill or freeze.
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper.
- Slice the dough into thin rounds and place on the prepared trays. Leave plenty of room around each biscuit to allow for spreading. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden at the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack.