Tagine of fish & preserved lemon
( SERVES 6 )
For the chermoula:
|1 cup||Fresh coriander, chopped|
|1 cup||Flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|4||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|2 tsp||Hot smoky paprika|
|2 pinches||Saffron, soaked for 10 minutes in 2 tbsp of boiling water|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger|
For the tagine:
- To make the chermoula marinade, put the parsley, coriander, flesh of the preserved lemon and garlic in the processor, blend, and put the resulting paste in a bowl.
- Add the spices, including the saffron water.
- Cut the fish into six and rub chermoula all over. Peel, slice the carrots; peel, quarter tomatoes; peel, slice potatoes. Slice preserved lemon skin.
- Arrange the carrots on the bottom of a medium-sized tagine dish or oven dish, then the fish, then the preserved lemon, the potatoes.
- Lastly add the tomatoes, all in a beautiful design. Pour over the olive oil.
- Bake at 180 degC or simmer on the stovetop for 45 minutes. Serve sprinkled with grilled almonds and fresh coriander.