We came up with this burger on a busy weeknight when friends came over for dinner. They wanted the recipe so we are sharing it with everyone. This salmon burger is great on a beautiful summer afternoon along with an ice-cold drink. You can cook the salmon fillets on the barbecue; the tangy caper dressing contrasts beautifully with the rich salmon flesh.
- Bring the salmon to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking.
- Warm a large pan with oil to a medium-high heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Place the salmon in the pan and cook for about 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn the fish over and cook for about 3 minutes more. Remove from the pan and squeeze over some fresh lemon.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, capers, lemon zest, parsley, mint and cornichons. Season to taste and set aside.
- Cut the buns in half and put in some of the cos lettuce, followed by the salmon fillets and a generous dollop of the sauce. Serve.
Make this recipe even better with homemade mayonnaise. See our how-to video here 'How to make mayonnaise'.