- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add mince and cook for 4-5 minutes or until brown, breaking up any lumps with a spoon.
- Add the cream, corn kernels, creamed corn, salt and pepper and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until thick. Set aside to cool.
- Cut 24 x 8cm rounds from 3 sheets of pastry and line 24 x 1/4 cup-capacity greased muffin tins.
- Cut 24 x 6cm rounds from remaining pastry, reserving excess. Spoon the chicken mixture into the pastry cases and top with the 6cm rounds.
- Cut 24 letters from excess pastry using alphabet cutters, top pies with letters and brush with egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.