Lamb kebabs with courgette and butter bean salad
Photo by Babiche Martens
I've combined the wonderful flavour of barbecued lamb kebabs with one of my favourite summer salads. Butter beans are delicious, creamy and add substance to a salad. When unexpected visitors arrive, vegetables will help make the lamb in this simple recipe go a little further, while the no-fuss yoghurt dressing adds a fresh flavour.
|600 g||Lamb steaks, cut into 2cm cubes|
|1||Red pepper, cut into 2cm cubes|
|1 large||Red onion, peeled and cut into pieces|
|2 tsp||Olive oil|
|2 Tbsp||Chopped rosemary|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|2||Limes, zest and juice of|
|200 g||Green beans, blanched|
|1 cup||Butter beans|
|¼ cup||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley|
|1 Tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Natural yoghurt|
|1 cup||Chopped mint|
- On bamboo skewers (that have been soaked for 30 minutes in water), thread lamb, pepper and red onion alternately.
- In a small bowl mix oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, rosemary, sugar and lime. Massage into kebabs and set aside for 20-30 minutes to marinate.
- Set barbecue to a high heat.
- Cook skewers for 4 or 5 minutes each side until cooked through and nicely browned. Set aside to rest.
- Cook courgettes on hot plate for 4 or 5 minutes each side. Place courgettes in a bowl. Add green beans, butter beans, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Combine yoghurt, lemon and mint in a small bowl.
- Serve skewers on a platter with salad served alongside and yoghurt dolloped on top.