Barbecued kingfish with corn, black bean and avocado salad
Photo by Babiche Martens
Fresh kingfish and new season corn make a mid-summer must-try salad. Fresh, tasty and super-quick to prepare, it can be made on the barbecue at home or at your campsite, with limited dishes. This is a perfect recipe if you have spent the day on the beach or are back at work and feel like a light dinner. Add crusty bread to slurp up any juices.
- Set barbecue to a medium heat.
- Slice fish into medallions 1cm thick. Rub with oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Grill corn on barbecue for 10 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked and golden. Slice corn off cobs when cool enough to handle.
- In a bowl, combine corn, beans, herbs, avocado, chilli and lemon juice.
- Turn up heat on barbecue. Grill fish for 2 or 3 minutes each side until just cooked.
- Serve salad on a platter. Top with the warm fish. Drizzle with olive oil and add a little extra salt and pepper if needed.