( MAKES 2 small serves )
Photo by Ted Baghurst
Impress your fellow revellers with this Christmas drink, designed by the lovely folk at Mt Albert's Cosset Cafe.
- Scoop 1.5 tsp of Edmonds custard powder into a saucepan.
- Measure one cup of almond milk.
- Add a little of the almond milk to the custard powder and combine into a thin paste.
- Add the rest of the milk.
- Add 30 mL of Cosset chai syrup.
- Continually stir mixture over a medium heat until the liquid coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of brandy.
Drink warm or chilled over ice with a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg.