Festive raw beetroot salad
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Michael Craig
Christmas is usually a time for over-eating so I’ve kept things fresh with a raw beetroot salad — festive colours and a fresh burst of flavour will make a gorgeous cut-through to all the other food. It’s a relatively low-stress menu, but one that is delicious and impressive.
I love raw beetroot salads, but thanks go to Pam for the idea of adding pinenuts and coriander.
- Place grated beetroot and carrots in a large bowl.
- Drizzle over the pomegranate molasses.
- For the dressing, in a small jug combine the mustard, vinegar, orange juice and olive oil. Whisk together well with a fork.
- Add the dressing to the beet mixture.
- Add half of the coriander. Combine gently with your hands, ensuring the dressing is mixed through.
- Sprinkle over the remaining coriander and the pinenuts. Serve immediately.
If making this salad in advance, make the dressing in a small jug and keep the beetroot and carrots in the fridge. Combine and garnish when ready to serve.