Festive peas with pancetta and parmesan
Photo by Michael Criag
- Grill the pancetta on an oven tray, at 200C until crisp (10-15 minutes). Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the butter and oil to a medium-high heat.
- Chop the asparagus into pieces 3-4cm in length. Rinse the peas in cold water.
- Add the asparagus and peas to the frying pan and bring the heat up a little.
- Add the garlic and lemon zest and season well with salt and pepper. Reduce heat slightly, and continue cooking and stirring with a wooden spoon for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir through the mint and parmesan.
- Break up chunks of pancetta and sprinkle over before serving.