Broad bean bruschetta with ricotta and pomegranate
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Michael Craig
Broad bean topping
- Preheat oven to 190C. On a baking tray, lay the bread slices and brush both sides with olive oil. Grill for approximately 5 minutes each side until golden and crisp. Remove from oven to cool slightly.
- Into a small food processor, place the shelled broad beans, mint, garlic and the lemon juice and zest. Blitz to form a chunky paste.
- Place broad bean mix into a bowl and add the ricotta, feta and olive oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir together well and adjust seasoning to taste. You may need more lemon or salt and pepper.
- Spoon on to the bread and garnish with pomegranate seeds and more mint if you like.