Ham and cheese croquettes
Photo by Tamara West
These croquettes add a little extra festive delight to shared meals. They can be reheated in the oven if you are preparing them in advance.
- Boil potatoes until tender. Rice the potatoes (or press through a sieve), discarding the skins.
- Add smoked butter, sour cream and nutmeg. Mix until smooth. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add cheese, ham and chopped chives. Mix and chill.
- Toss palmfuls of the potato mixture in seasoned flour, roll into logs, cut to desired size, then dip into egg and roll in breadcrumbs (mixed with grated coconut if using).
- Fry the croquettes until coloured.
- Remove, drain and serve with a squeeze of lemon or an aioli dipping sauce.