( MAKES 16-20 )
|150 g||Chocolate, good quality|
- Make the choux pastry - click here for the recipe & instructions - and pipe or spoon it on to a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 200C. When golden brown and puffed take out of the oven.
- Make a small hole in the side or base of each profiterole and return them to the oven to dry out for 5 minutes.
- When cold, fill them up with sweetened, whipped cream or pastry cream.
Chocolate dipping sauce
- Fill a small pot one-third of the way up with water.
- Place chocolate in a bowl that fits on top of the pot.
- When water is simmering, place the bowl on top of the pot to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Do not stir the chocolate but wobble the bowl from time to time.
- When the chocolate has melted and is glossy, dip your choux puffs in the chocolate
- Leave to set then fill with sweetened, whipped cream or pastry cream.