Sour cream cupcakes with espresso icing
( SERVES 12 )
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 tsp||Espresso coffee, (ground)|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Sour cream|
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|1 cup||Ground almonds|
- Preheat oven to 190C. Cream the butter, vanilla, espresso and sugar until pale. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in the sour cream then the flour and almonds. Add the milk, a little more if necessary to produce a mixture that falls from the spoon.
- Line a muffin tin with patty cases and fill. Bake for 15 minutes or until the top of the cakes spring back when lightly touched. Cool.
- Make the icing by mixing all the ingredients together and beating with electric beaters until smooth, then ice.
- Bring the espresso, water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan then reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Let cool before drizzling on each cupcake.