Lamb chops with aubergine, feta and anchovies
Photo by Babiche Martens
Lamb loin chops are one of the super-tasty cuts of lamb. Be sure to leave a little fat on, as this helps maintain the juice and flavour. Rub the chops in a simple marinade and they are ready to cook. I've served it here with an aubergine salad, which means most of this meal can be cooked on the barbecue, meaning less dishes and mess in the kitchen.
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat.
- Combine pesto, lemon juice and garlic together. Rub over lamb and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Rub aubergine in oil. Place on barbecue for 3 or 4 minutes each side until cooked through and lightly browned. Cut pieces in half and place into a large bowl.
- Toss cherry tomatoes and beans on barbecue to brown and soften then place into the bowl with aubergine. Crumble through feta, add olives, anchovies, basil leaves, olive oil and balsamic. Toss until well combined and set aside.
- Turn barbecue to hot. Place lamb chops on to grill for 2-3 minutes or done to your liking, depending on the thickness of the chops.