Rabbit liver parfait
- Sweat the shallots on a low heat. Add the fresh thyme and, once the shallots are fully softened and translucent, add the brandy. Cook it off then remove from the heat.
- Fry the livers in small batches, cooking until they are slightly undercooked. This should take just a few minutes.
- Place the shallot mixture and livers into a food processor and begin to process.
- Ensure the butter is very cold. Cut into 1-2cm cubes. With the food processor still running, add the cubes of butter one by one, ensuring they melt and are fully incorporated before adding the next cube. Continue blending until fully incorporated, then add the vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scrape the parfait mixture into a sieve with a spatula, and pass the mixture through the sieve, into a lined container (a plastic container with a lid works well). Leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, use a hot spoon to scoop quenelles of parfait on to a small board or plate. Serve with some lightly toasted brioche, cornichons, caper berries and a small green salad.