Craisin white Christmas
( MAKES 25 pieces )
Many of my friends bring little gifts when they come for a meal such as a posy of flowers from their garden or a little jar of pickles. So for me there’s a hint of the spirit of Christmas year round. Of course at Christmas giving is more of an occasion.
- Line a 30cm x 24cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Lightly toast the pistachio nuts in a 180C oven for about 8 minutes, stirring halfway through. Cool, then coarsely chop.
- Place the chocolate buttons in a large microwave-proof bowl. Melt in the microwave on high power for about 1 minute, stir then continue cooking for 30-40 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Press evenly into the prepared slice pan. Chill until set. Cut into squares or bars.
- Place the melted chocolate in a small plastic bag. Cut a tiny piece from the tip of one corner. Drizzle the chocolate in a lacy pattern over the squares or bars.