Honey and nutmeg cupcakes
( SERVES 12 )
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|¼ cup||Honey, plus extra to serve|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ tsp||Ground nutmeg|
- Preheat oven to 160C. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and honey with an electric mixer for 10-12 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Gradually add eggs and beat well.
- Sift over flour, baking powder and nutmeg and beat well. Fold in milk.
- Spoon into 12 x 1/2 cup-capacity muffin tins lined with cupcake papers.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool on racks.
- To make the icing, beat butter with an electric mixer for 8 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add icing sugar, milk and honey and beat for 6-8 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Ice cupcakes and top with extra honey to serve.