Prawns with spring potato salad
( SERVES 4 )
The prawn and potato salad is something we whip up on a regular basis at our place. We always keep at least one bag of frozen prawns in the freezer and potatoes in the pantry. In asparagus season, almost all our dishes incorporate this vegetable into them. When it’s not asparagus time, we use frozen peas (which we also always have in the freezer) but you can use anything you like — fennel, snow peas or green beans.
The green goddess dressing on this salad really brings it all together and the saltiness of the capers with the freshness of the herbs will give you a little pick-me-up during your day.
- Boil the potatoes in a pot of water for 20 minutes or until tender. Cool the potatoes and slice in to 1.5cm slices.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water until tender. Remove from the hot water and rinse under cold water until the asparagus is room temperature.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat with a tablespoon of canola oil. Add the prawns and fry until cooked through and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients.
- Mix together the asparagus with the potatoes and lightly dress with some of the dressing. Place the prawns on top of the potato salad and drizzle over the remainder of the dressing.