Chicken glass noodle salad
We see versions of this salad in so many cafes and they are always popular so we thought we would share our recipe so you can make it for yourself. We use cute little takeaway boxes and some chop sticks to pack this salad up before we are heading out. We think it’s a pretty awesome lunch idea for schoolgoers too. We would have loved to pull out our homemade chicken noodle salad packaged up nicely to share with our friends when we were still at school.
|½ packet||Dried vermicelli noodles|
|800 g||Chicken breasts|
|¼ cup||Red capsicum, thinly sliced|
|¼ cup||Yellow capsicum, thinly sliced|
|¼ cup||Red onion, finely sliced|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander|
|¼||Cucumber, finely sliced|
|1 serving||Canola oil|
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C.
- Oil the chicken with some canola oil and season. Bake the chicken breast for 20 minutes or until tender and the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Boil some water and place the vermicelli noodles in a bowl and pour the boiling water over until the noodles are covered. Let the noodles soak until soft. Remove from the water, drain and set aside.
- Combine the noodles, vegetables and herbs to make the salad. Slice the chicken and combine in the salad. Dress the salad with the sweet chilli sauce dressing.