Walnut and ginger crumble
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease a 1 litre baking dish.
- Peel and roughly chop the fruit. Add to the dish and add the zest, wine and water. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sift the baking powder, ginger and flour into a bowl, then stir in the sugar.
- Cube the butter and rub in until the mix looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the nuts and spoon over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden then dust with icing sugar and serve warm with cream.