Simple strawberry semi-freddo
The time is right for strawberries, semi-freddo and a Kenwood Chef Sense that can bring the two together effortlessly.
|1 punnet||Strawberries, about 250g to make 300ml puree, plus extra for serving|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
- Hull strawberries then puree in the blender attachment* of the Kenwood Chef Sense.
- Pour the cream into the bowl of the Kenwood Chef Sense fitted with the whisk. Whip the cream until it just holds its shape.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the strawberry puree into the cream, leaving a swirled effect. Set aside.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of the Kenwood Chef Sense and whisk, adding the sugar slowly, until the mixture is very stiff.
- Remove the whisk and replace with the folding tool. Gently fold through the strawberry cream, leaving a swirled effect.
- Spoon into individual dishes suitable for freezing and cover well, or use a glass loaf dish lined with plastic wrap if you wish to cut slices once frozen. Or freeze in an icecream container or similar. Serve with a sprinkle of freeze-dried strawberry slices that you have crushed in your fingers, or with chopped fresh strawberries. Covered with plastic wrap, this semifreddo will keep in the freezer for five days.
*The thermo-resist blender is one of 20 optional attachments that can be purchased to make your Kenwood Chef Sense more than just a mixer.