Chicken thighs with flavoured couscous and wilted spinach
Photo by Tamara West
- In a shallow dish place the garlic, thyme, chilli flakes and 3 tablespoons olive oil and mix to combine. Season with salt. Place in the chicken thighs and turn over in the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for 20 minutes in a cool place. Heat the oven to 180C.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and brown the chicken, skin side only. Transfer to a roasting dish with any remaining marinade and roast chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavybased saucepan. Add couscous and stir to coat the grains. Add two cups of hot water and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, leave covered and set aside for a further 7-8 minutes to finish cooking. Stir through a knob of butter before serving.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Place ½ of the spinach in the pan with the water that is clinging to its leaves and cook until wilted. Repeat with remaining spinach.
- Serve chicken thighs on a bed of couscous and spinach with the yoghurt.
Packet mixes help to make Mondays easier. Find Alexandra’s at some supermarkets, speciality food stores and alexandras.co.nz.