Strawberry icecream sandwiches
The team at Oob ice cream have created this ice cream sandwich especially for Bite, using their organic strawberry icecream. Recipe from OOB Organic, oob.co.nz.
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced) and grease or line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla until pale and creamy, add egg and beat until mixed.
- Sift in flour and salt and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks or chips.
- Roll heaped teaspoon-sized balls of mixture and place on trays. Press down lightly with a floured fork. Bake for approx. 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool.
- Place half the cooled cookies on a baking sheet, spread a scoop of OOB strawberry icecream on to each and place in the freezer for 20 minutes, or until ready to eat. Remove from the freezer and top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches. Enjoy immediately.