Kumara and yam chips with hot mustard dipping sauce
|1 bottle||Vegetable oil, for deep frying|
|300 g||Golden kumara|
|300 g||Red kumara|
|300 g||Yams, (purple)|
|1 to taste||Sea salt flakes|
Hot mustard dipping sauce
- To make the hot mustard dipping sauce, combine the sour cream, mustard, lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat until 180 degC.
- Deep-fry the kumara and yam(all peeled and thinly sliced, lenghtways), in batches, for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Drain on non-stick baking paper, sprinkle with the salt and serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
* Sugar or candy thermometers, which register high temperatures, are available from kitchenware stores.