Coconut fish salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
The coconut seafood cocktail is fresh and flavoursome. Prepare the sauce ahead and use the best fresh seafood you can find. Serve in glasses with a slice of lime on the side. Once you have made this versatile coconut sauce, I guarantee it will be a holiday season favourite.
- In a small pot place coconut milk, ginger, chilli and zest. Bring to a simmer for 3 or 4 minutes. Remove and cool. Then remove the ginger slices.
- Stir the yoghurt into coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold through fish, prawns and lime juice.
- Place cos lettuce in the bases of 4-6 glasses. Spoon the fish over.
- Garnish with mint leaves and chilli slices. Place a lime slice on the side of each glass.