Coconut fish salad
Photo by Babiche Martens
The coconut seafood cocktail is fresh and flavoursome. Prepare the sauce ahead and use the best fresh seafood you can find. Serve in glasses with a slice of lime on the side. Once you have made this versatile coconut sauce, I guarantee it will be a holiday season favourite.
- In a small pot place coconut milk, ginger, chilli and zest. Bring to a simmer for 3 or 4 minutes. Remove and cool. Then remove the ginger slices.
- Stir the yoghurt into coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold through fish, prawns and lime juice.
- Place cos lettuce in the bases of 4-6 glasses. Spoon the fish over.
- Garnish with mint leaves and chilli slices. Place a lime slice on the side of each glass.