Rich Chrissy cake
Dried banana slices provide a point of difference.
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper, ensuring paper is 3cm higher that rim of pan.
- Beat sugar and oil until well mixed. Beat in eggs, orange rind, orange juice and jam.
- Sift in flour and spices. Add dried fruit and banana slices and mix.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top with a wet hand. Bake for 1½ hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- If top of cake looks a little brown towards end of cooking, cover loosely with a sheet of baking paper, ensuring it is supported by the paper lining the sides.
- When cool, wrap in foil and store in a cool place.