Barbecue beets and bean salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Doug Sherring
My friend Claire shared this recipe, which I’ve adapted from just beets, beans, mint and feta. I’ve been known to buy all those things at the supermarket en route to a barbecue and assemble it there! Such a classic flavour combination, this one always goes down a treat. Assemble this salad on the plate you’re going to serve it on.
- Cook the beans in a pot of salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain well. Scatter on your serving plate.
- Drain the tinned beetroot and chop any large pieces in half. Assemble on the plate with the beans. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Finely chop the mint and sprinkle all over.
- Crumble over the feta and sprinkle over the walnuts, then scatter the black sesame seeds.
- Drizzle over the oil and serve immediately.