Chocolate hazelnut meringues
- Preheat oven to 120 degC. Put the hazelnuts in the processor and pulse until fine.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Add half the sugar and the vinegar and continue beating.
- Add the remaining sugar, continue beating, then fold through the hazelnuts.
- Drop in teaspoonfuls on a greased baking tray and bake for one hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Gently stir when melted then remove from the heat.
- Dip half of the meringues in the melted chocolate and leave on a tray to set.
- Whip the cream. Spread each chocolate-dipped meringue with cream, then top with a plain meringue.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.