Hazelnut and celery risotto
- Prepare the hazelnuts by roasting them in the oven or dry-frying for five minutes to brown.
- Rub them in a teatowel to remove the skins. Chop roughly.
- Heat the stock in a pot and keep it simmering.
- Melt the marrow and oil in a pan, add the shallots and saute for five minutes.
- Add the rice and celery, stirring until the rice is transparent and well-coated.
- Add the wine, lemon rind and lemon juice, stir, and cook until absorbed. Add pepper and salt.
- Add the hot stock, ladleful by ladleful, stirring over a medium heat until each addition is absorbed.
- After about 20 minutes the rice should be wet and creamy but definitely firm to the bite.
- Stir in the hazelnuts, egg yolks and cream and heat.
- Serve immediately in bowls with figs and lemon wedges on the side.